• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Solved Is there a way to export animations from timeline into a format I can edit in Blender?

NSFV

Reactions
I see that there is a way to convert mocap done in vam into timeline animations, but is there way to do the opposite, convert timeline animations into mocap or possibly into BVH, to reimport into VAM. I want to be able to edit my animation in blender and then reimport it as BVH without the need to have timeline as a dependency.

Solution
No. Timeline export its own "format" of animation to be able to reimport it in timeline at a later time.
You could technically work on a plugin that does that, but the challenge is quite humongous. VAM does not have a "standard" rig/skeleton... and timeline is a proprietary system... you're in for a nightmare.
I had a similar question - but your answer confuses me. I was hoping to find a timeline editor that would look more "like" a video editor somewhat in the fashion of the mocap editors I have seen on the web. they look a lot like video editors I have used in the past. Don't want to make external video's, just edit the timeline. Maybe it is just a case of too different reality's for that to happen - or am I missing something? shit almost 3AM, gotta try to sleep.:sleep:

Upvote 0
No. Timeline export its own "format" of animation to be able to reimport it in timeline at a later time.
You could technically work on a plugin that does that, but the challenge is quite humongous. VAM does not have a "standard" rig/skeleton... and timeline is a proprietary system... you're in for a nightmare.

Upvote 0
Solution
That figures. Haven't done any programming since just before C! was introduced. Eon's ago, so I won't be attempting ANY plugin work. Thanks for confirming.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom