• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Lighting in scenes

dadirector

Reactions
Hi

When I download some scenes the scene lighting doesn't look good when adding person atoms so I have to add invisible light to the scene however I can't figure out how the light falls on the atom (I have to tweak the light source until I get it right)
Is there a way to make the light rays appear as a line to show the direction in which the light hit the object?
Thanks

if you mean for Light Type = Spot, it's the direction of the blue arrow

On gizmo there is "longer" & "shorter" indicator on white "cube/camera" looking thingy (idk what is called). 🤣
gizmoDirection.jpg

It would be cool if there is sometype of plugin to clearly indicate facing/direction of an atom (not only for spot/directional lights),
like extended Z line or something, so you can see it easily (especially when you have tons of atoms inside a scene). :unsure:
gizmoDirection2.jpg

maybe the blender plugin. I never tried it but in the photos seemed to have something like that

maybe the blender plugin. I never tried it but in the photos seemed to have something like that
Yes, it has "sort of" option, but it extends all "lines" :confused:

I gave it like 10min try (i was mostly interested in quick atom add/copy).
Sadly controls(keybinds) are all over the place (partially thx to VaM limits/already occupied keys).

It definitely requires some "getting used to", has potential, once you nail down (remember) all controls.

On gizmo there is "longer" & "shorter" indicator on white "cube/camera" looking thingy (idk what is called). 🤣
View attachment 103701

It would be cool if there is sometype of plugin to clearly indicate facing/direction of an atom (not only for spot/directional lights),
like extended Z line or something, so you can see it easily (especially when you have tons of atoms inside a scene). :unsure:
View attachment 103702
Well I can't see that gizmo thing only the cube

Back
Top Bottom