• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Hair Collision

Wranderous

Reactions
Hi!

Is there a way to make hair collide with world objects?

I.E:
The Environment
Furniture
Etc.

It collides with slate.. you can add a slate to the scene and then hide its material. It's a hack but it works ok.

Attachments

• VaM 2021-01-13 16-02-21.png
    VaM 2021-01-13 16-02-21.png
    20.2 MB · Views: 0
It collides with slate.. you can add a slate to the scene and then hide its material. It's a hack but it works ok.
Does it still collide with slate in newest patch? I tried the slate in FloorsAndWallsm enabled both collision and physics but in no avail.

Does it still collide with slate in newest patch? I tried the slate in FloorsAndWallsm enabled both collision and physics but in no avail.
Yes it does, but I think it matters if soft physics is off or on.. check your physics settings and play with them.

Just wanna say thanks for the hint @VamTimbo !

Was always kind of an immersion-killer when the hair falls just down through objects, will try it out!

I know this is a really old post, but does this still work for everyone? I have soft body physics on, and on the girls, and collision on the slate and there's little to know collision. What am I missing guys?

I know this is a really old post, but does this still work for everyone? I have soft body physics on, and on the girls, and collision on the slate and there's little to know collision. What am I missing guys?
Good old slate trick still works, also soft body physics is not required.
Just add slate (collision on), hide material, 're-equip' hairstyle.

Depending on hairstyle you might need to tweak collision radius, gravity & friction settings.
ps. you can also use slate with sim clothes (dress, skirts, etc). ;)
haircollision1.jpg

haircollision2.jpg

haircollision3.jpg

Re-equip hair, eh? Man I should have thought of that simple little thing. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom