• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

Question Hair color not loading correctly

Slackmaster13

Reactions
I'm having the occasional issue when loading scenes from 3rd party artists. Briefly, when loading the scene (desktop mode), the hair color will not match that of the preview icon, but will instead be colored black. Worse, when examining the hair itself, the Lighting is actually set correctly (blonde, red, etc.) but changing the values has no effect on the hair - it remains black. If the hair loads correctly, of course, I can freely change the color with these settings. Reloading the scene makes no difference. In addition, any hair item I load from the menu, no matter the actual color, also loads as black. None of the "lock" settings are set on the hair items as far as I can see.

Sometimes I can export the character as an appearance, load a scene where the hair color does display correctly, and then re-import the character appearance into that scene. This will "fix" the issue (hair color can be edited, and choosing a hair selection from the menu works as expected) until I happen to load another scene where the hair color does not load correctly. However, many times, this won't fix the issue. It does not seem to be related to any hair style, creator, scene artist or any other common source, as it happens with many different scenes and hair selections from different artists.

I have forced the application to rebuild its core and other data, with no success. It seems that there must be a scene or lighting setting that is not obvious which is causing this to happen, but despite changing many of the lighting, scene, model or other values, I haven't been able to track it down. If anyone can suggest how I might be able to troubleshoot this issue I'd be grateful.

You can try clearing your cache and checking your visual preferences for anything "low".
As I've no idea how the scenes you refer to are done I cannot say if the problem is on the scene or your side.

Upvote 0
It has to be scene-related somehow. I cleared the cache (again) and restarted the app but the problematic scenes still loaded an incorrect hair color. I was able to fix a couple of them by exporting the character look (with no hair), loading a scene with proper hair color by the same artist, and then adding the exact same hair style which previously failed. Somehow the hair is set to display as black for a particular scene even though the hair color settings are clearly different, and whatever it is cannot be overridden without loading a different scene. I even checked the scene lighting and it was identical for both scenes. It remains a mystery.

Attachments

• Test2b.png
    Test2b.png
    1,004 KB · Views: 0
  • Test1b.png
    Test1b.png
    557.6 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
If it's specific to a scene or creator then VaM or preferences is not the issue but scene structuring. You could alert the creator about this.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom