Question Questions regarding the importation of clothing.

vvs123

Reactions
I'm trying to customize a set of clothing for a character, but when I import it into VAM using the clothing importer, I notice a lot of irregular deformations occurring. When I attempt to add subdivision to the clothing in Blender, the situation worsens. I want to understand what's causing this—is it that I can't use models other than the default character model as a base for importing clothing? The clothing I'm using was created in Blender, sculpted to fit the character, and no modifications were made in Daz during the process.
no subdivision.jpg
subdivision.jpg
look in blender.jpg

I have never attempted making custom clothing, so I don't know the ins and outs of it - but to me that looks like a simulation error. Are you trying to import the clothing with sim? If not does this still happen if sim is disabled? If you're porting with sim I think you need some kind of sim texture or something to define... things... like I said I've never worked with custom clothing, lol

Upvote 0
I have never attempted making custom clothing, so I don't know the ins and outs of it - but to me that looks like a simulation error. Are you trying to import the clothing with sim? If not does this still happen if sim is disabled? If you're porting with sim I think you need some kind of sim texture or something to define... things... like I said I've never worked with custom clothing, lol
Thank you for your response. To be precise, I haven't started fabric simulation. Creating clothing in VAM generally involves two steps: 1. Importing the clothing model from a .duf file. 2. Creating fabric simulation for the imported clothing in VAM. So I haven't reached the fabric simulation step yet. I suspect that VAM may not fully support creating clothing for custom characters, as I don't encounter this issue when importing clothing for default characters.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your response. To be precise, I haven't started fabric simulation. Creating clothing in VAM generally involves two steps: 1. Importing the clothing model from a .duf file. 2. Creating fabric simulation for the imported clothing in VAM. So I haven't reached the fabric simulation step yet. I suspect that VAM may not fully support creating clothing for custom characters, as I don't encounter this issue when importing clothing for default characters.
The issue could very well be because you're trying to import it for a custom character, yeah. That sucks, but at least you've got an idea to fix it - even if it means a bit more work

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom