• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!
REALFEEL project Free Demo

Scenes REALFEEL project Free Demo

Trucino

Reactions
Trucino submitted a new resource:

REALFEEL project Free Demo - Interactive apartment + Real-like girl + 3/30 mocaps. A project focusing on immersion and realism.

View attachment 362192

REALFEEL is a project that focuses on immersion and realism. This project is made up of 1000+ hours. It is my first project, but I have many years of creative experience. I believe that this project is AAA and that you will enjoy it. If the project is successful, I will start working full-time at VaM.

View attachment 362225

REAL LIKE GIRL + 4/31 SEX MOCAPS
This girl is hand...​

Read more about this resource...

Interesting scene but I'm getting 25-35 fps with the recommended settings on a Radeon 7900XT and Ryzen 5800X3D. What kind of hardware did you develop this on? Not sure what's eating so much CPU time. Even without HQ and soft body physics the fps are about 45-50 on desktop.

Interesting scene but I'm getting 25-35 fps with the recommended settings on a Radeon 7900XT and Ryzen 5800X3D. What kind of hardware did you develop this on? Not sure what's eating so much CPU time. Even without HQ and soft body physics the fps are about 45-50 on desktop.

Yeah, same. Also know the reason for the performance drop: Not physics, bad Lighting Rigs. Most/All of the Lights are Point/Force Pixel, so it's practically guaranteed that two or more Lightsources overlap on one or more object (Person atoms especially).

@Trucino: When one or more lightsource(s) overlap on an object (i.e. an area of the surface of the object is lit by two or more lightsources), performance tanks. Drastically. Try disabling lights & watch effect on performance - I managed to go from 12fps in VR to >45fps merely by disabling lights and/or converting points to spots (with suitably small aperture, ie. at most angle <50° - goal is to tune the spots such that their cones do NOT overlap ).

And since you use point-sources rather than spots, overlap from multiple lightsources is practically guaranteed - that setup you use is ... suboptimal, to put it mildly.

Try the following:
1) Get PluginIdea's Gizmo System - provides optical clue about shape & size of each lightsource's "field". Helps visualizing lighcones/radii.
2) Convert as many lightsources as possible to spots - with small opening (angle), such that the spots don't overlap.
3) Maybe, instead of dozens of point-shaped lightsources with fixed orientation that need to be "on" all the time, use a handfull of spots that track the "Zone of interest" (Person atom(s)) & move with the "station" (Cowgirl on Couch, Missy in Kitchen etcetc). Probably best to parent a couple spots to a subscene & use Lumination plugin - the plugin provides the tracking functionality, and you can move the subscene (with the lights) within the room to have optimal positioning for each animation/station.
4) Maybe also check out CameraMan - basically a subscene with a camera that tracks a target (person atom) & moves with it. The lighting rig contained in the subscene is what's interesting. Maybe. Could be. It's actually made for MMD dance-scenes, but should also work for your scene.
5) PluginIdea built some alternative, performance-friendly lightsources. Maybe interesting for you.

Nice scene, otherwise ... :cool:

Last edited:
Most/All of the Lights are Point/Force Pixel, so it's practically guaranteed that two or more Lightsources overlap on one or more object
Pixel light sources are hungry, that's true. Depending on hardware they can be the (gpu) bottle neck. However, I disabled/removed each and every light from the scene and disabled HQ and soft body physics. Even after all of that, fps was still too low to be playable in VR. Something's eating CPU time.

Pixel light sources are hungry, that's true. Depending on hardware they can be the (gpu) bottle neck. However, I disabled/removed each and every light from the scene and disabled HQ and soft body physics. Even after all of that, fps was still too low to be playable in VR. Something's eating CPU time.

Ok. Have to say I was content with tripling my fps to 45-50 in VR, purely by disabling/modifying lighting. no tweaks that would influence physics. So I guess I was heavily GPU limited in that scene. Didn't notice bad CPU/physics performance drops, but ... beggars can't be choosers, and I'm definitely not a chooser.

Mind you, 45fps in VR is pretty decent for my Zen 7 5800x (no 3d) and Ry 5700XT - nevermind that my Quest 1 can't really do better than 70/2=45 due to its antique display - but I reckon that if I had that sweet Zen 7 5800X3D, I'd also have different performance goals.

Last edited:
Ok. Have to say I was content with tripling my fps to 45-50 in VR, purely by disabling/modifying lighting. no tweaks that would influence physics. So I guess I was heavily GPU limited in that scene. Didn't notice bad CPU/physics performance drops, but ... beggars can't be choosers, and I'm definitely not a chooser.

Mind you, 45fps in VR is pretty decent for my Zen 7 5800x (no 3d) and Ry 5700XT - nevermind that my Quest 1 can't really do better than 70/2=45 due to its antique display - but I reckon that if I had that sweet Zen 7 5800X3D, I'd also have different performance goals.
I use a HP Reverb G2, which has inside out tracking and relies on the CPU for that. Scenes that tank CPU performance are close to unplayable even if ~45 fps would be fine otherwise.

Yeah, same. Also know the reason for the performance drop: Not physics, bad Lighting Rigs. Most/All of the Lights are Point/Force Pixel, so it's practically guaranteed that two or more Lightsources overlap on one or more object (Person atoms especially).

@Trucino: When one or more lightsource(s) overlap on an object (i.e. an area of the surface of the object is lit by two or more lightsources), performance tanks. Drastically. Try disabling lights & watch effect on performance - I managed to go from 12fps in VR to >45fps merely by disabling lights and/or converting points to spots (with suitably small aperture, ie. at most angle <50° - goal is to tune the spots such that their cones do NOT overlap ).

And since you use point-sources rather than spots, overlap from multiple lightsources is practically guaranteed - that setup you use is ... suboptimal, to put it mildly.

Try the following:
1) Get PluginIdea's Gizmo System - provides optical clue about shape & size of each lightsource's "field". Helps visualizing lighcones/radii.
2) Convert as many lightsources as possible to spots - with small opening (angle), such that the spots don't overlap.
3) Maybe, instead of dozens of point-shaped lightsources with fixed orientation that need to be "on" all the time, use a handfull of spots that track the "Zone of interest" (Person atom(s)) & move with the "station" (Cowgirl on Couch, Missy in Kitchen etcetc). Probably best to parent a couple spots to a subscene & use Lumination plugin - the plugin provides the tracking functionality, and you can move the subscene (with the lights) within the room to have optimal positioning for each animation/station.
4) Maybe also check out CameraMan - basically a subscene with a camera that tracks a target (person atom) & moves with it. The lighting rig contained in the subscene is what's interesting. Maybe. Could be. It's actually made for MMD dance-scenes, but should also work for your scene.
5) PluginIdea built some alternative, performance-friendly lightsources. Maybe interesting for you.

Nice scene, otherwise ... :cool:
These are really good ideas for improving performance. I had never seen Gizmos System but just checked it out after reading this. Not only is it good for seeing influence of lights,camera,audio but the replacing of the basic square controller nodes with hands, boobs, head, etc icons is brilliant. I'd seen the colored controllers of other plugins but wasn't impressed. Come to think of it I should probably be writing that in a review for the plugin instead of here, but I digress...

Getting back to this resource, my FPS was pretty bad also, even with all the lights (I could find) out and settings at "Very Low". Very strange. That's what led me to this discussion page.

Also, I have a question for @Trucino. Where did that VamTimbo mocap come from? "Welcome Pilates" ??

Try the following:

Nice scene, otherwise ...

Hi all, hi cherrs mate.
I have to reply multiple to evrybody who have fps drops. Ill try to answer evrything.

I was developing on 4090 but I tester it with people who had worse PC even CPU. But fps rates was from 30-70 on VR. 45-120 fps on PC only.

Main killer are lights you know about them. Another point is important to say, I tested it only with my custom modeled chick. We Discovery that complex hair is an problem. I had to set hair hair to less numbers of particles and physics so it helped performance drastically. So if you are using your own models, maybe hair need to be little edited.

back to lights. I will look on posibilities how to improve performance in the scene, but only with technical ways that will let the project apperance on realistic ilumination level.

Its Hard to be good woth evrybody even I am trying to do so. But majority have no problem with fps. Atleast they didnt tak about this problem but more about what will be my next content. So I thought there is no fps problem.
35-45 fps with VR is good for this scene if you realise you have complex apartment with many assets.

if younhave less. We can find a problem just writes me pm on discord of vam for example and we will find a reasons. Now I can point only lights as a main problem.

And once again Ill promise I look on posibilities to fix it + ill test It again with somebody who have weaker PC. Still for me is more important let the scene be beauty for majority, then make it faster for minority. So again, only technical updates will arive. Not changes that will change ilumination apperance.

evrybody who will have time to make a stream for me of their gameplay, ill be happy and able to try find a problem with you. Dont hestitate and write me pm.

Bb REALFEEL

These are really good ideas for improving performance. I had never seen Gizmos System but just checked it out after reading this. Not only is it good for seeing influence of lights,camera,audio but the replacing of the basic square controller nodes with hands, boobs, head, etc icons is brilliant. I'd seen the colored controllers of other plugins but wasn't impressed. Come to think of it I should probably be writing that in a review for the plugin instead of here, but I digress...

Getting back to this resource, my FPS was pretty bad also, even with all the lights (I could find) out and settings at "Very Low". Very strange. That's what led me to this discussion page.

Also, I have a question for @Trucino. Where did that VamTimbo mocap come from? "Welcome Pilates" ??
Hi timbos welcome mocap was made by Timbo especialy for this scene.

Last edited:
Still for me is more important let the scene be beauty for majority, then make it faster for minority

Aha Ha ha ... sorry mate. I only need one slap in the face to know where my place is.

Have fun with the rich kids.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom