Worrying message in console

tdixon

Reactions
Hi there, got this message during a session. Do I have to be worry about it? Any idea of what it could mean?

Security break out in InitUIDeferred

Thanks in advice.

What console?
Hi there Atani, thank you for your reply. It's the Error Log console the one you open with "!" icon in the menu. Where you usually see missing textures and all that stuff while opening scenes.

Best regards
T.

No, unfortunately.

In fact, even thought I wasn't sure what that message meant, I've executed VAM again and loaded a random scene to see if I could triggered again, but nothing happened.

To be honest, I was afraid of the scripts that I've loaded into the scene but after I calm down a bit I realize they where few and from the most respected users in this community. I don't know what to think really, that message is far from descriptive.

Best regards,
T.

Well, if you're very concerned with your VaM stuff, having a backup is always a good strategy and you should definitely have one.
As far as anything outside the VaM folder, scripts running in VaM will not have access to anything outside the VaM folder. At least that is what I'm counting on, that this security basics was addressed from the start of development, betting it was.
In the end, I think you're safe, specially if it's something from well known creators. But do make a backup, you know you're going to do some kind of shit at some point and need it ;)

Understood. Thank you Atani.

Best regards,
T.
This is years later so I hope you figured this out, but I had this recently with using MacGruber's LogicBricks. Specifically it was the SoundFromAB module. I had deleted a few plugins and then later added that one, and it was #4 but was listed after #5, #6, and #7. I simply deleted it and the others, and then put that one back next so it was 4 again, and then added the others i had deleted, now everything was in sequential order. No more errors. It was either the odd order in the plugin list, or just needed to delete that plugin and re-add.

Security break out in InitUIDeferred
This shouldn't happen. Not with my plugins.

I realize they where few and from the most respected users in this community.
@Thorozar As always, make sure to get packages from the proper source. Don't get packages from other sources that "convientenly" bundle them for you or whatever. Packages are too easily manipulated as there is no protection against injecting something into content of a popular author. In case of my content, everything is here for free on the Hub, NOWHERE else. VaM has an auto-download feature for dependencies....there is really zero reason for bundling.

Back
Top Bottom